mPort seems to forget its sensors

I just set up a small mFi test system consisting of a motion sensor, temperature sensor, and door contact. I'm running the latest version of the controller, 1.0.8, on Windows Server 2008 and I upgraded the mPort to version 1.0.7.860 after getting it connected to the controller. The mPort is connected via wired Ethernet.

Unfortunately, I can't get the system to consistently retrieve data. If I restart the mPort, I'll get the current state of the sensors, and if I check the configuration of the mPort, it correctly shows all three sensors. But after that initial burst of data, I get nothing. Then, if I click to configure the mPort, it now says all three ports are unused.

Has anybody experienced this? Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: mPort seems to forget its sensors

Well, for future reference: it looks like a hard reboot—physically disconnecting the mPort from power—solved my issue. Previously, I had performed several soft reboots, but those apparently don't have the same effect.
Veteran Member
Kudos: 5292
Solutions: 78

Re: mPort seems to forget its sensors

None-the-less that's odd that you had that issue, I haven't experienced that in any of my setups. Was this just one mPort? Or several?