Highlighted
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

mfi mpower schedule without controller?

I know these products are not really supported, but I cannot get the schedule feature to work at all on the web interface for my mpower 6 or my mpower 3?

I'm on the 2.1.11 firmware and if I go to the Machines tab there is a scheduling section.  I have tried setting it to Time, Daily, 2:40pm, the port number and the action.  I confirmed that the clock on the mpower is getting updated and is accurate (I'm using NTP) and it never turns the port on or off?

mfi-mpower-settings.png

The mpower has bee reset to factory and it still does this?  What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions

Re: mfi mpower schedule without controller?

[ Edited ]

Ok. Yup there is a problem with the TZ file and the schedule calculates it's scheduling using a TZ offset based off the systems clock.

I had chozen the NZ timezone which is listed as *+12:00 New Zealand (Daylight Savings).  I just assumed it was still operating as +12 or it was automatically adjusting.  However, NZDT is actually +13:00 which is why everything was running an hour ahead. I switched it to Fiji which was +12:00 and everything started working as expected.

I've noticed some messages that say if you de-select the timezone it will use the controller's timezone, but this didn't work. So the only reliable method was to set to Fiji timezone to honor NZST.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Still testing this over and over again and can't get the scheduling to work reliably or at all.

What am I missing here?

[ Edited ]

Do you also have the timezone set on the device? Its on the Network or System Tabs.

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I have the timezone set, but I'm starting to think there is a bug in the timezone file. I'm located in New Zealand and as a test I set it to turn on a port at 7:30am this morning - but when I checked at 7am it was already on.  So I'm testing to see if the DST offset is broken now.

The clock on the Stats page reads correctly and matches the true local time so I figured the schedule feature would follow that, but I'm starting to think that it might do it's own calculation and have it wrong which would explain why all my testing keeps failing

[ Edited ]

Ok. Yup there is a problem with the TZ file and the schedule calculates it's scheduling using a TZ offset based off the systems clock.

I had chozen the NZ timezone which is listed as *+12:00 New Zealand (Daylight Savings).  I just assumed it was still operating as +12 or it was automatically adjusting.  However, NZDT is actually +13:00 which is why everything was running an hour ahead. I switched it to Fiji which was +12:00 and everything started working as expected.

I've noticed some messages that say if you de-select the timezone it will use the controller's timezone, but this didn't work. So the only reliable method was to set to Fiji timezone to honor NZST.