Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Emerging Member
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 2

windows 10 'out of buffer space'

if I leave mfi running as a service (no active windows) for more than about 24 hours, my system gets all gummed up and can't open any new network sockets, giving 'out of buffer' space.  when I disabled mfi and rebooted, it seems to run fine for days on end.  normally, I would only reboot every couple weeks.

has anyone else experienced this?

Re: windows 10 'out of buffer space'

So I recently started to have this happen on a Windows 10 Pro box running Unifi Controller and Unifi NVR. I even disabled the onboard Broadcom and dropped in an Intel PCI-E thinking maybe it was the ancient drivers for the Broadcom.

Still having to reboot every day or two and it's a real pain being the box runs full disk encryption and someone must physically enter passphrase to boot.

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 2

Re: windows 10 'out of buffer space'

I'm not 100% convinced my problem is the unifi stuff...  I disabled it from my startup, rebooted, and a day later blam, win10 was out of buffer space again and couldn't allocate new network sockets.

more experimentation is neccessary, trouble is, it gets in the way of getting things done.