My new home setup

• F
    Beta Testers

Hello UniFi community.

I’d like to share my new home network setup with you ;)

Setup:

1x US-24-250W

1x US-24

1x USG

2x UAP-AC-Lite

1x UAP-AC-LR

1x UAP-IW

1x Picostation M2-HP (sadly stopped working with UniFi FW after controller 5.3.X)

The controller runs on an Intel NUC 5i3RYH on an ESXi appliance together with several other services.

For storage I use a Synology DS1815+ equipped with 16TB HDDs in raid 5. The NAS is connected over LAG so the bandwidth is 6Gb/s :). Sadly Synology doesn’t support multiple VLANs on a single interface. So the fourth Port goes into a tagged port of the US-24 and provides PXE boot to my clients.

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9107.JPG

This switch is the last non-UniFi network gear in my setup. I'm looking forward to get a US-8 for replace :)

IMG_9109.JPG

I hope you'd enjoyed this short tour.  :)

Greetings from Austria. (No kangaroos!)

• U
    administrators

Thanks for the write-up.  I particularly liked this bit: 'Greetings from Austria. (No kangaroos!)'.  Well said.  ;-)

• D
    Beta Testers

How are the temps? Alot packed into a small space.

• F
    Beta Testers

Thank you :)

The US-24 (upper switch) has 68°C at fan level 0. The US-24-250W has 58°C at fan level 2.

The average temperature in the rack is about 30°C.

• Beta Testers

Nice, but do you have an coolingfan in your Rack? The USG will bevome very hot in this position without cooling…

• F
    Beta Testers

I have two 80mm fans on top of the rack. The USG gets quite hot but as long as I can touch it without burnung my fingers I thinks it's fine ;)

unifi setup1 home network2 Posts 6Views 2

Looks like your connection to Ubiquiti Networks Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.