UAP Layer 3 adoption

• S
    Beta Testers

Hello

I am trying to manage my UAP's over L3.

I took the UAP and brought it to my location. There I reset it and using the Discovery tool I set the inform URL to my Cloud Key's IP address.

Thereafter I took the UAP to the remote location. As soon as I hook it up to the ISP router ath the remote location the UAP works fine. Accept that none of the policies set in place on the controller are functioning the UAP.

The UAP simply provides access to an open network. It doesn't the voucher authentication set on the controller.

When I logged on to my controller I found that the UAP does not even appear on the controller. It shows Disconnected.

How can I fix this?

Charles.

• Super Users

Disable Uplink Connectivity Monitor in the controller under Settings, Site, Services.

Is port 8080 at the Cloud Key location forwarded to your Cloud Key's local IP through your gateway router? You did use the external IP address for the Inform URL, right?

• S
    Beta Testers

I have disabled the Uplink Connectivity Monitor. How do I find my external IP address? And I don't think port 8080 at my Cloud Key location is forwarded to your Cloud Key's local IP through your gateway router. What are the steps to accomplish this? Charles

• Super Users

Please provide a detailed diagram of where all the requisite hardware resides. Include the gateway router information at the Cloud Key site.

What IP address did you use when you did the set-inform? If you used the internal IP address of your Cloud Key, that's not going to work at L3.

• S
    Beta Testers

USG:             192.168.77.1

US POE:        192.168.77.2

Cloud Key:     192.168.77.3

UAP Home:    192.168.77.108

UAP remote location: 192.168.77.109

The inform URL of the UAP at the remote location is the cloud key's IP (192.168.77.3)

I am not sure of how to obtain the external IP.

Inform URL.png

• Super Users

You need the external IP address of Wisp A router.

Type 'what is my ip' into google from a PC at site A. Google should tell you what your external IP address is.

You use that external IP address in the set-inform command for the UAP AC Mesh at site B.

set-inform http://external.ip.addr.siteA:8080/inform

At site A, in the router you need to port forward 8080 to the internal address of 192.168.77.3 (the Cloud Key's internal IP address). Your ISP for Site A will have to help you with that, if you don't have access to the router's configuration pages.

When this works, the UAP AC Mesh at Site B sends Informs to the external IP address of Site A; the router at Site A takes those packets and sends them to the internal IP address you set in the port forward for 8080 to your Cloud Key.

Edit: wait, you also have a USG. Are you double NATing? Or, is the USG getting an external IP address on the WAN port?

usgwanport.PNG

What address do you get for the WAN port on the USG?

• S
    Beta Testers

No I a am not double NATing. Can't I just Port Forward to the USG on the router. and then Port Forward from the USG to the Cloud Key?

• Super Users

Are you getting a Public WAN IP address on your USG that matches the IP you get when you ask google 'what is my IP'?

• Super Users

Stunt101 wrote:

No I a am not double NATing. Can't I just Port Forward to the USG on the router. and then Port Forward from the USG to the Cloud Key?

If you have two routers between you and the internet, yes, you'll have to do that.

But the set-inform command on the UAP-AC Mesh has to point to the public IP address of the first router, not 192.168.77.3

• S
    Beta Testers

Here is what I have.

Screenshot (6).png

• S
    Beta Testers
    This post is deleted!

• S
    Beta Testers

I have fixed the inform URL at the remote site. I also reset to factory default.

What is the next step?

Here is what I have done on the USG.

Screenshot (7).png

• Super Users

The port forward in the USG should be port 8080, not port 80.

Port 8080
    Forward Port 8080

• Super Users

Stunt101 wrote:

Here is what I have.

OK, you are double NATing then…Your USG has a private IP for a WAN address (10.0.0.138).

You'll need to port forward 8080 through that router (WISP A provided) to your USG IP (10.0.0.138). Then the USG port forward of port 8080 should get the Informs to the Cloud Key at 192.168.77.3.

• S
    Beta Testers

placeholder
    Screenshot (9).png

• S
    Beta Testers

placeholder
    Screenshot (10).png

• S
    Beta Testers

The first picture is my WISP router. Is there anything I am doing wrong because the UAP is still not showing up.

I set the inform URL to the WISP router's External IP like you said. And it is connected to the internet right now.

• Super Users

Now you need to do the set-inform again, then adopt, then set-inform a second time (the set-informs don't register if you don't adopt within a set time period, I believe).

You can do this all from Site B.

• S
    Beta Testers

Hi flipper

I am at site B now. I have been trying everything and the AP is still not showing.

• Super Users

I don't have enough information to help you further. Sorry. The Inform packets need to get from Site B through all the routers of Site A, so that it hits the Cloud Key. Then it should show up in the Controller for Adoption.

You'll have to figure out where they are being blocked/dropped.

Posts 20Views 0

Looks like your connection to Ubiquiti Networks Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.