Unifi-ing parent's house

• A
    Beta Testers

So after constant issues with my parent's internet and equipment I decided to overhaul everything and install 3 G3 cameras. More pictures/videos on the way. I am not looking forward to climbing in the attic. No one has been in there for 35 years!

Equipment

• USG

• 8 port 150w POE switch

• 3 X G3 cameras

• Unifi AP AC Lite (downstairs)

• Unifi AP AC LR (upstairs)

• Obihai Obi202 (google voice)

• Gigabyte GB-BXBT-1900 mini PC w/ 4GB memory 500gb hybrid drive running ubuntu 16.04 LTS (unifi controller & NVR)

0412172111.jpg
      spinoza-1.jpg

INSTALLATION UPDATE

Ran into some serious issues during the install. I accidentally cut the security system cable thinking it was an unused telephone line (LOL). I was able to get 2 cameras installed with the 3rd's camera bas and cable ran.

I ran out of cat6 keystones and termination ends for the other camera and access point. I will be installing pvc conduit to protect all the cables and the previously installed coax on my next trip. Here is a shot from the NVR running the 2 cameras.

NVR.png

• T
    Beta Testers

Nice!

You may want to keep in mind that running the NVR, and controller on the same system will take a few extra steps due to duplicate port requirements.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Video/Controller-and-NVR-on-same-machine/td-p/1620077

• B
    Custom Avatar

Sorry what?

I am running controller and NVR on the same machine, without problems?

What duplicated ports are you talking about? :-)

• A
    Beta Testers

I was wondering the same thing too. I run this same setup on my Intel NUC for over a year without any issues.

• T
    Beta Testers

I stand corrected.  Everything I've found conflicted.

Posts 5Views 2

Looks like your connection to Ubiquiti Networks Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.